Sold 750g Ritchey / Mavic 221 front wheel, £10 collected! SOLD

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A Ritchey / Mavic 221 front wheel, not sure of its exact age. It's a really lightweight wheel at 759g including rim tape, spins very nicely too. I've got no current use for it or space to keep it until I do, so it's up for sale for a bargain collection-only price!

The hub is a Maxle-type fitting, XTR grey finish and comes with a black Ritchey skewer/lever which is a bit scratched. The rim has a little wear but is not bad at all for a rim of this era. It spins very smooth and is as close to true as you'll find for a used wheel!

Now just a tenner collected - NOW SOLD!

IMG_20210517_151751.jpg

IMG_20210517_151811.jpg

IMG_20210829_190635.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I want this wheel. I wont come and collect it, but I'll give you 15 squid, and 5 notes to charity every time somone brings it a bit closer to York (Max total £100).

So is it possible to hand the baton-wheel over up to 17 times and get it to a new home 200+ miles in the north?

🍈 (i searched emojis for 'long [distance]' and got this melon, which is fine)

My sons got a road race in Winchester on Sunday so I could get it over to Farnborough/Guildford area. Alternatively, and a bit boring, I could always chuck it in a box and you can get it collected from me.

Bit of a garage clearout today and realised I still have this wheel!

I've also come across another decent spare wheelset I need to get rid of - Shimano Acera X hubs (7-speed) on Weinmann 519 alloy rims. Good 7-speed Shimano cassette on it, rims true with excellent braking surfaces and hubs spinning well, though the rear has a slightly 'rumbly' feel to the bearings. £20 collected for these!

I want it, as I need the rim so I can build a rear to match my front... But I'm in North Yorkshire. How far do you reckon you can throw it?

Back