70's skateboards

Re:

Hi, I have these two old boards as wall art in my bike cave..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
Anyone on here build or collect 70s skateboards?
Just started buying one or 2 bits with a view to building a couple as wall art for the man cave
i have a few pieces.

Alva reissue with ACS651's and powerflex 5s.

Z Flex, J Adams reissue with indies and rainskates.

couple of longboards etc.

I seem to recall, way back in the 70's when skateboarding took off in the UK, there were basically 2 boards you could buy in local toy shops/Woolworths etc. , away from any proper shops in London at least.
A small, thick textured plastic thing with a kicktail and fairly rubbish wheels, and a more US looking wooden board in a deep red finish with pin stripes and proper trucks in translucent red. It might have been called "Red Baron"

Ring any bells?
I had the rubbish one in Lime Green, my posh friend had the wooden one

No it was wide and curvy.
Actually there was a third board widely available, a really cheap bit of ply with roller skate wheels on. Had printed graphics on the top.
Of course, googling it all finds all the cool stuff that was available, but not the low-end, high street toy shop stuff.

No it was wide and curvy.
Actually there was a third board widely available, a really cheap bit of ply with roller skate wheels on. Had printed graphics on the top.
Of course, googling it all finds all the cool stuff that was available, but not the low-end, high street toy shop stuff.
Try searching for "flyer" skateboard.

Latest posts

Back