Wanted 5/16” cantilever bosses.

Ketokei

Retro Newbie
Hi
I desperately need a pair of 5/16th” thread in cantilever/v brake bosses for my friend‘s HAND-CYCLE. He hasn’t been able to sue to for over a month now and it’s vital for his mental and physical health. I just can’t find any anywhere. A seller in Germany on ebay will not post to Uk as he doesn’t have a VAT account since brexit. Has anyone got a set say on their shed? They use to be standard for on older Cannondale and Klein frames and, I think, on some USA forks.

The hand cycle manufacturer can’t help as they don’t fit rim brakes as standard but they did fit two (!) cable disc callipers on one disc and, funnily enough, different hand pressure from a heavy chap going down a Devon hill has utterly destroyed the disc and one mount on the fork.

Any help gratefully received!

Graham A
Paignton
Devon

Is 5/16" the same size as the standard M8 (=8mm diameter) that's commonly used? A quick bit of maths tells me that 5/16" is 7.94mm!

If so, I can probably help...

Contact Danson on this forum, he can probably machine some up for you. One other thought is to drill out the threads and helicoil with M8 to take a more standard boss.

Last edited:
Contact Danson on this forum, he can probably machine some up for you. One other thought is to drill out the threads and helicoil with M8 to take a more standard boss.
I did consider that - there’s plenty of material to take them out to 10mm. Luckily I’ve found some. Cheers

Back