Wanted 27" wheelset 120mm or 126mm rear

Foreigner

Senior Retro Guru
As per title - looking for a wheelset, high flange preferably 100/120 for 5 sp freewheel. In silver and in good condition. Would consider hubs only too or 100/126 OLD

Last edited:
I'd consider selling my high flange Sunshine (AKA Sansin) on weinmann hookless clinchers.

Hubs are a thing of beauty and run lovely and smooth, original QR skewers, however I didn't realise (until a few years after buying them) they're slightly mismatched in the slots in the flange. One is the trapezoid type and the other is a large circular (on the rear). Minimal wear on braking surfaces but a couple of minor imperfections/nicks (not dings) that have no effect on braking.
Fitted with 28mm Michelin tyres that have very little wear but cracking a little bit on sidewalls. I've had them at 80psi no problems at all and ridden the old girl to 30+mph. Now staying with 700C as I bought an extra deep drop brake for the rear and the stays were actually widened before the bike came into my hands (so is actually close to 130mm) but I bought these because of the amazing look it gave the bike.

Also superb 5 speed Regina freewheel available.
Picture doesn't do them justice so will upload more if you're interested.

Without freewheel and collect from Letchworth Garden City £120, posted £133 (parcelforce 48hr, with freewheel add £35.

Attachments

• DSCF5525.JPG
    DSCF5525.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi Tony,

thanks for your offer. I like those Sunshine hubs, in fact have a pair of 700 wheels with tubs on, buttery smooth, so would be interested, but those prices are somewhat high. I can buy a pair of Campy low flange for near half that on evilbay. I'll await if anyone else offers these, otherwise may get a pair of 27" rims and relace onto Sunshine hubs myself, although was trying to avoid that.

Thanks again

Have a Sueze front and a Sunshine rear both 36 holes need cleaning and servicing
Also have at least one set of wheels but they will need rebuilding and cleaning and would rather buyer saw them first so no postage on wheels happy to post hubs
Based in Wellingborough , Northamptonshire

Have a Sueze front and a Sunshine rear both 36 holes need cleaning and servicing
Also have at least one set of wheels but they will need rebuilding and cleaning and would rather buyer saw them first so no postage on wheels happy to post hubs
Based in Wellingborough , Northamptonshire
Thanks for your offer - as mentioned - I do have a pair of Sunshine large hubs laced to Fiamme sprints, but was trying to avoid using these and re-lacing to 27" rims, so interested in full set hubs + rims only.

Back