2014 Ride list - Will you lead a ride

As a starter for ten:-
An early season ride - to get the legs going again without too much mud and goo - does anyone fancy a day out along the Kennet & Avon?

By it's very nature it's pretty flat - and the towpath is generally quite a decent, well drained surface.
Start near Reading - head out past Newbury.
May be a pub or two along the way.... :LOL:

No date in mind yet - but could work something out if peeps are interested.

Additionally, at some point later in the year, an SDW Ride.
I've gone from near Winchester out and back before - and would do summat similar again.

Yes, I want to do the extended 'Grand Tour du Cake' I mentioned last year, but as its going to be early season, it will have to be in the guise of a spring classic.

Working on the details at present...

:)

Carge":hviw3vv6 said:
As a starter for ten:-
An early season ride - to get the legs going again without too much mud and goo - does anyone fancy a day out along the Kennet & Avon? ...

Additionally, at some point later in the year, an SDW Ride.

Interested in both.

I should mention - for the Kennet - Rigid is fine - but something bouncy at the front is more comfortable.

Crud catchers - front and even rear - probably advisable.
Bells - definitely advisable - pesky peds/dogs/fishermen etc :)

If there's interest - we could plan a variation on the Kennet ride:
Get a train to Bristol and ride the 100 miles back to Reading.
Tickets were £5 last time a buddy and I did this - although booked in advance.

I'd still like to do my own Tour de Cake from Arundel to Amberley and back. I didn't end up having the time last year, hopefully aiming it as a family friendly one too as it is flat and involves ice cream, tea rooms and pubs, so could be worth bringing kids along if anyone has any! It's a very easy and relaxed ride which can be made more interesting with added hills if need be, I know that area of the Downs pretty well.

I'll be doing Ditchling Beacon to Amberley in February or March and then Southease to Ditchling in April. Happy to lead but will be the fat biffa at the back :)

would love to lead one but not been out for a year! would be based round downs above Worthing....with a pub and or cake stop. start finish at a pub. only a couple of gates....25-30 miles.

I will do another Urban Retro around the usual route - the Olympic park re-opens this year! - as it is a perennial favourite, some have come from as far away as Manchester to do it. Plus I will be working on some new sub-urban routes later in 2014.
However, attendance last summer and autumn was nothing short of pitiful on some suggested rides, so please spam me with PMs if you are hankering for any rides around the Croydon and Bromley areas and I will push it up my list of priorities.

Latest posts

Back