2008 Cannondale Scalpel Team

WideSam

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
A project I started on a bit of a whim really... A member on here was selling the frame. I’d never owned a carbon bike before and it was cheap and local to me. I was going to build it up fairly cheaply but after doing a bit more research on the frame, it just didn’t seem right to not build it “properly”, although I am going to be modernising the drivetrain slightly with a 1x10.

A few days (and a bit more of a dent in the wallet) later, the same seller sorted me out with a lefty fork, wheel set and a few other odds and ends.

I’m currently waiting on some parts to get everything together so this is the stage it’s currently at... hopefully (depending on postage) it should be up and running in a couple of weeks.

I’m certainly not built for xc, so I’m not going to be winning any races on it, but I’m really looking forward to trying out the lefty!

Attachments

• 0F8FF2A6-30C8-44C7-B24E-BD502AB1DFCF.jpeg
    0F8FF2A6-30C8-44C7-B24E-BD502AB1DFCF.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 282
Nice.was this the frame with a crack in the chain stay?
I've not owned a bike with a lefty fork as yet, might have to change that

Re:

It had some sort of repair on the chainstay bridge. It’s all solid but not the prettiest job, I might try and neaten it up, a bit of time with some wet and dry should smooth it out a bit.

Apparently they feel amazing but I’m sure it could take some getting used to!

Back