2002 Giant DH Team Bottom Bracket & Shock advice

Suzuki77

Retro Newbie
I recently bought a 2002 Giant DH Team frame, unfortunately it didn't come with a bottom bracket and it looks like the Manitou shock is seized (ebay!!!) I have been away from Biking for a long time (back when Peaty & Warner used to race) so have completely lost touch.
The only info I can find is that the bike used to have a 100mm bottom bracket on a 145mm spindle, but cannot find any anywhere ! does anyone know what modern BB would work please, and also what newish shocks (if I can't fix the Manitou) would fit? not sure were to measure for shock length but its about 230 to 240 mm overall length
Thanks in advance

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks for reply, I had noticed these, but wasn't sure if they would be compatible due to being 3mm longer than the original 145mm spindle, like I said I have been out of it so long, I have forgotten any bit of knowledge I had and that was minimal !

With the rear shock from end to end is 240mm but centre of the eyes are 230mm I have no idea of the stroke length sorry

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back