2002/2003 Marzocchi Steerer *sorted*

Madmax1993

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I'm after a Marzocchi steerer tube, not too fussy on length, but at least 160mm from the crown race to the top, so 185mm total length included the pressed in part. It's an aheadset 1 1/8" steerer needed too. If anyone has a steerer they've salvaged from a dead fork, or a set of Marzocchi uppers, or a donor fork they'd like to get rid of, I'd like to hear from you.

I bought a set of 2002 Z1 drop-off a that had a tiny steerer, and a friend gave me a 2003 Mx comp with a more generous steerer. I managed to find a local engineering firm with a press to swap them over, but apparently the bottom of the short steerer crumbled, so that's why I'm on the hunt for another steerer to patch up the Mx comp, which ironically is the fork I have a use for sooner, although the shorter steerer wasn't a problem.
Thanks in advance

Re:

That's a good question. I'm used to quoting steerer length 'as fitted' when describing a fork normally, I kind of forgot that the steerer itself has a different total length when talking about those removed from a fork. So I would need 160mm minimum from the top of crown.

Re:

Secondary question, if anybody in the community knows: do the 2003 Marzocchi forks use very slightly larger steerers than the 2002 ones. I've now tried 2 different 2002 steerers and both have been loose in the 2003 crown, whereas the steerer from the 2003 was a nice snug press fit into the 2002 Z1 fork.

Re:

Yes, I mean the diameter. The steerers were pressed out of two different 2002 forks, they weren't machined or bought to spec, and they are just a bit too slender to fit tightly in the 2003 Mx comp.

Re: 2002/2003 Marzocchi Steerer

got this nos original replacement part which should suit m-arch forks.

Re:

Thanks, but I've sorted it now, I picked up a spares or repairs fork from the bike station in Edinburgh.

Back