1999 Santa Cruz Heckler in a box.

was8v

Senior Retro Guru
This arrived today.

Not sure whether to polish or pay a visit to spray.bike?

1999 was a great year for bikes. The move from V to disc brakes, and mass market suspension that started working properly. The late 90's and the de-XC-ifying of the sport etc.

I think I need a girder stem, azonic bars and marzocchi forks. These Pace seem ok on the garage floor test though.

I think it is all there except grips.

IMG_20211110_095445.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmm

p5pb19446223.jpg

vs

p5pb9465551.jpg

Nice, was that the one on Ebay recently? I personally prefer the Orange and the Marzocchi Z1's. Cant go wrong with the Z1s.

No I didn't see it on ebay.

I do love the orange and bombers, but @Peteroughton169 is doing one right now in that colourway. Plus I already have the Pace and don't have a set of bombers.

I'm finding it hard to look past the polished, blue decals and blue highlights look with the Pace fork now.

I will have a go at the rear triangle, If I get bored I'll either stick the lot on ebay or paint it up.

Has a spare half hour so drew up some decals to get cut. Won't be correct as the originals are printed and mine will be solid vinyl.

Maybe a metallic blue vinyl would emulate the original. Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 16.07.03.png

Back