1999 Kona Hei Hei... 98 Oem+ Rebuild.. Update 01/07/22

onto the headset & fork...

to start with I'm going to run this frame with a TB Project two fork, I do also have a NOS 98 Marzocchi Z2 in the Lime/Citrus colour which may find its way onto this build in the future. Headset is an FSA Orbit MX, as nice as chris king headsets are I have a personal attachment to FSA so the Orbit is ideal and inexpensive. Controltech stem may or not be part of the final build plans but it'll do for now to keep it all together, the stack spacer arrangement will also change...

I have to mention Morgan Blues Aquaproof paste, if you guys aren't already using this on bottom bracket & headset installs then you need to get yourself some, it really is the best product out there for protecting frames/bearings etc... (spot the spelling mistake..)

fork headset 2.jpg

frameset.jpg

Attachments

• frameset 2.jpg
    frameset 2.jpg
    935 KB · Views: 15
The p2 fork, did it come in that shade or have you been tinkering? Im asking as it looks really really good. And its given me some food for thought!

The p2 fork, did it come in that shade or have you been tinkering? Im asking as it looks really really good. And its given me some food for thought!

its original finish, overall in great shape with some scuffing to the nds leg. it is for sure a lighter finish then the original fork on my 97 lava dome and another fork I bought for my 98 Explosif which I think is tb also.

its not been a good week on this project... I thought I had the seat post, crank and rear mech figured out but dud eBay purchases means its back to the drawing board!

A bent syncros post, cracked RS-3's and a dead M952 rear mech left me feeling a little deflated this week, its frustrating when you pay top money for a used part that's described as being in great condition only to find out the parts fit for the bin when it arrives. its thrown a spanner in the works as the post was silver so I was hoping to match a stem that im working on to this and that would of seen the cockpit/finishing kit done as I have a very nice bar on the way...

might start on the HOT to cheer me up..

Attachments

• IMG_4164.jpg
    IMG_4164.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4169.jpg
    IMG_4169.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4171.jpg