1998 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Pro

fanatikjim

Retro Newbie
For sale is my classic 1998 stumpy pro hardtail, in lovely mango orange - I have owned it from new in 1998. It is well used and as such there are a few scratches, but nothing serious, and it has never been crashed! For a while a lot of the miles were done on skinny tyres on the road.

I have changed the saddle, seatpost and bars, but have the original flat bars should you want to change them back. The running gear was all replaced when the original rings/cassette/chain wore out and I haven't done many miles on it since then. It's generally in very good running order.

XT throughout, with an XTR rear deraillieur.

It's been sitting around since I bought a full suspension bike, so it's time to move on. Someone must be after a bit of classic Stumpjumper history.

looking for £250 ono.
collection only and cash only please.
located near Southampton

IMG_20140323.jpg

Is the bike still available? If so I am interested. Can you confirm it is 8-speed? Also would like to check that the frame size is likely to be suitable for a 5' 9" rider? Thanks

Hi, yes its still available. It is 8 speed. And as for frame size I'm 5'11'' and if anything I'm at the top of the range for the frame size. So i would say yes it would be suitable for someone who is 5'9''.

Back