x

Re: Kona Hot 1998 Singlespeed..

Great to see this up and out, love that paint and would love to see it for real in the sun.

Where is the sticker though?

al-onestare":2dz3f8hd said:
Paul R":2dz3f8hd said:
Very nice its like the 1998 hahanna rudolf red but with a bit of flake in the paint

Understatement of the year.

The paint is next level...she needs gears too.

It is well nice don't get me wrong I love it, agreed it needs gears :D.

mk one":1s5vh4ym said:
Great to see this up and out, love that paint and would love to see it for real in the sun.

Where is the sticker though?

The flake is really, really cool, not the usual silver sparkle but multi-coloured. The yellow flake is the same :cool:

Love it! Everything about it is gorgeous and playful, exactly what I want from a Kona. Singlespeed looks great too, especially now you've found the magic gear.

Re: Re:

spacehopper":agifqlbz said:
it will be getting some gears, a suspension fork of its own, slightly more aggressive front tyre on a new disc wheel.. and... a cable disc brake!!

Good

Good

Good

spacehooper":agifqlbz said:
few more mods... Retro purists.. run to the hills screaming now please..!!

EdibleMenacingBream-size_restricted.gif

Honestly...unless your pulling Steve Peat moves...disc brakes...and on a single speed...really?

:LOL:

That all said, it's great to see unicorns being ridden.

Ive rode a few of the Wharncliffe tracks on my old Proflex 856 without any brakes :D though the waterfall rock track did require me to head into the woods to slow down a couple of times, much to the amusement of my friend :LOL:

Re: Kona Hot 1998 Singlespeed.. - now with gears.. ;)

I also like the clean looks of single narrow wide rings, and if its getting used then its all good :cool:

Re: Kona Hot 1998 Singlespeed.. - now with gears.. ;)

sure.. i could throw a load of retro bling at this frame.. but id not ride it half as much.. or on anywhere near as challenging terrain..
and this is such a sublime bike to ride!

Totally agree. Why not make a superb retro frame even more capable and fun to ride with a few updated parts. Wicked bike man, really cool :cool:

Edit. I was looking at the Vittoria Barzo recently. How are they performing? Are you running tubes or sealant?

Back