1997 Marzocchi Z1 in Orange. SOLD

mdj82

Retro Guru
As pictured and in the first instance, i would be most interested in a swap/ part exchange in another Z1 but a slightly later model with the IS disc mount. Most interested in the orange but will definately listen to all offers and colours, so be it in a similar condition.
I really don't want to sell as i have nothing to replace them directly with but for the fact ive put it in the sale section, it would be £85 posted. SOLD
So these are in a very decent condition with only a few marks on paint, decals are good too with no oil leaks. Service history unknown but run smoothly.
1 1/8 steerer and around 185mm long.

TIA

olMJzst.jpg


IonqDAi.jpg


2VdAxa9.jpg


cezqsOp.jpg
 

Spudalumps

Retro Guru
Re:

Regarding px or swap, what items are you looking for?

I have forks rockshox marzocchi and pace, bars from xlite to Some ano retro dh, frames zaskar 20” 92’/ 14” merlin, then some complete town bikes, avid arch rivals 4.0- Shimano dx m600 set minty... xtr m953 rd ... xtr m900 fd top pull plenty of xt m739

Kind regards,

Jason
 

mdj82

Retro Guru
Re: Re:

Spudalumps":1apprgpq said:
Regarding px or swap, what items are you looking for?

I have forks rockshox marzocchi and pace, bars from xlite to Some ano retro dh, frames zaskar 20” 92’/ 14” merlin, then some complete town bikes, avid arch rivals 4.0- Shimano dx m600 set minty... xtr m953 rd ... xtr m900 fd top pull plenty of xt m739

Kind regards,

Jason

Well as above really, post 1997 Z1 bombers, the ones with a single IS disc mount and removable brace in any colour in the first instance but if those pace you mention have an IS disc mount, that could definately be of interest.

Feel free to pm

thanks!
 

al-onestare

Kona Fan
Re: 1997 Marzocchi Z1 in Orange. for sale/swap/part ex

Great price for one of the best performing forks ever made, let alone the era.
 

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Re: 1997 Marzocchi Z1 in Orange. for sale/swap/part ex

I would like to see someone reverse engineer a hope c2 caliper to go on the right hand side and allow a twin set up. As per original from the show.

Hang about outside engineering colleges with a placard CNC HELP WANTED. Bound to get a take up :D

I used to have one but it was so badly damaged it couldnt be used, and it was only after i got rid of my knackered bits i realized what is was exactly.
:facepalm:

al-onestare":uj8unb0g said:
Great price for one of the best performing forks ever made, let alone the era.

For sure. It was like being used to a metal rod then someone hands you a spring for the first time :LOL: About 98 id the choice of rst, bomber z2 or a pace and opted for the bomber based upon the fact if Fookign worked from the off and wasn't accompanied with the "You need to ride them a bit to break them in" as with pace ...:? and everyone else for that matter.

I suppose the fox 40's or dorado of the day.
 

jonthefish

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re:

I have one in orange. Not in such good condition as yours but decent. Some scratches and a wee nick on the stanchion that doesn't seem to cause issues. Drop me a PM for pics if interested in part exchange or purchase. cheers.
 

Attachments

  • P5123868.JPG
    P5123868.JPG
    439.2 KB · Views: 224

mdj82

Retro Guru
Re: Re:

jonthefish":2byys0ba said:
I have one in orange. Not in such good condition as yours but decent. Some scratches and a wee nick on the stanchion that doesn't seem to cause issues. Drop me a PM for pics if interested in part exchange or purchase. cheers.

Im very interested, shall PM you shortly.

Thanks!
 

jargman

Retro Newbie
Re:

I have one in orange. Not in such good condition as yours but decent. Some scratches and a wee nick on the stanchion that doesn't seem to cause issues. Drop me a PM for pics if interested in part exchange or purchase. cheers.
Did you end up selling this? If not l, please let me know. Thanks.
 
Top