1997 Kona King Kahuna Hei Hei

Hardly correct, but a good look and not a bad fit. 80mm SID (whose A-C is not so far off the 65mm Z1). My '99.

Hello there Dookie, would you be willing to reveal the Serial Number of the 1999 King Kahuna in the picture?

I would dearly love to add it to the Kona Titanium Serial Number List. We only have six confirmed Serial Numbers for the 1999 frames (one unconfirmed), and only one of those with the funky Orange Painted Head Tube.

Here

Thanks.

Pip

99 King Kahuna 17.jpg

Last edited:
Added to your referenced post...you're welcome!
Thank you very much.

From your pictures that you added of your 1999 King Kahuna, I already had one of them documented in my records from back in 2011! However, I have now added the others to my documentation, which all helps with compiling the List. I have also added your Frame to the Kona Titanium Serial Number List in Blue as currently unconfirmed, until I have a picture of the Serial Number - see key at the top of the List.

Many thanks.

Pip

If you read back through the thread of the Kona Titanium Serial Number List from the start, you'll see that initially, I merely asked if anyone knew how the Serial Number sequence was administered by Titanium Sports Technologies.

After a few pages of discussion, it seemed that the site would benefit if I compiled a List from my collection of documented Kona Hei Hei, King Kahuna, Score and Haole frames. Anyone was welcome to take the task on, but I talked myself into doing this while I was convalescing, and consequently had a lot of time available.

Anyway, over the years that I had been collecting these pictures and adding them to my records, sometimes an example would pop up on say e-Bay, or MTBR, or even on here where the owner only quoted the Serial Number. I decided that it would be best to indicate that this was the case by pointing out that I do not have a picture record of the Serial Number. This was after all still a means to establish how TST had serialized these frames, so an error could confuse the sequence to year.

It was my decision to do it this way, and I would say that my method has been accepted by the members on here. When I wrote the reply regarding putting your frame as unconfirmed, I did consider that I may have caused offence, for which I can only apologise. It was certainly not my intention, and I hope I didn't sound pompous.

Thank you for posting a picture of your Serial Number, which I will add to my records and update the Kona Titanium Serial Number List accordingly.
Pip

Last edited:
Yep! Often numbers have been misread, or open to all kinds of interpretation, either because of shallow metal stamping, or simply digits being casually misread.

Without a serial photo, his list would just be arbitrary. Nothing to take offence by - just part of the beauty of the Pip-process!

Back