1996 Raleigh Team Ti

boxxer

MacRetro Rider
Hi All

I have the chance to acquire what I think is a 1996 Raleigh Team Titanium, nothing special on the spec, a hint of M900, 737 Vs, some Ti bars and rigid Raleigh forks

It’s not the same as the Torus and it has the window drop out and a few TiMet stickers here and there....

I suspect it’s linked to the Barrie Clarke bike that’s on here and possibly some others

I’ll keep you posted

I have one of these. Badged as a dynatech on the down tube and head badge, titanium decal on the top tube (original). Window drop outs and canti brace. Not quite sure what year mine is tbh.

I think it has timet or imei ti decals on it.

I have the original triple butted forks too (blsck).

Always assumed it was a torus, but I don't know much about the range. Did they become torus, were they torus before?

Would like to know more as my assumptions are perhaps wrong.

I have one of these. Badged as a dynatech on the down tube and head badge, titanium decal on the top tube (original). Window drop outs and canti brace. Not quite sure what year mine is tbh.

I think it has timet or imei ti decals on it.

I have the original triple butted forks too (blsck).

Always assumed it was a torus, but I don't know much about the range. Did they become torus, were they torus before?

Would like to know more as my assumptions are perhaps wrong.
I also have one of these too.. in fact I've just finally had a seatpost extracted so I can ride the thing again :)

Mine was badged M-Trax Elite 400 when I looked into it. I bought it with hardly any decals left barring a Timet decal on the frame and those on the fork, so had to do a little detective work. These were built after the Torus lines.

It's from 1997 and has no canti brace, just a fitment for an e-type mech. The letter prefix on the serial number indicates the year, scroll about halfway down on this rather interesting site for more details - https://raleigh-sb4059.com/2018/08/...t-sbdu-and-raleigh-special-products-division/

Last edited:
Sounds like a later model Torus before they had a disc brake mount.

Cables on top of top tube
Two drain holes in bb
E type mech boss
Machined out section in drop outs
Better looking welding

Think that’s it.

Back