1996 Marin Hawk Hill workhorse

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Being a little premature maybe as it's not here yet but I'm looking forward to getting this little thing back on the trails . . .

eBay pic . . .
Ebay 001.jpg

Looks all original and appears to have had very little use from the condition of the tyres but certainly not well-cared for given the amount of rust 🤦‍♀️

An imminent house move into hillier parts with plenty of awesome trails has prompted the search for something a little more sprightly than my Bullit and also something I'm going to be a little less precious about storing. Bike is on its way to me and the pile of bits is growing daily - waiting on a big-ass pair of motorcycle bars to help me up those Welsh hills 😅

IMG_E0202.JPG

It's arrived! Now where did I put my wire brush 😂 All original though so looking forward to getting it cleaned up. Ordered two sets of motorcycle bars (one riser, one flat with a shed load of sweep). The risers prob weigh more than the frame itself 💪 but you can't beat a bit o' chrome ✨ I had planned on fitting a new Blackburn mountain cage but the original is too nice - just hope I can save that paint 🖌️

Attachments

• IMG_E0211.JPG
    IMG_E0211.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_E0217.JPG
    IMG_E0217.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_E0219.JPG
    IMG_E0219.JPG
    529.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Although essentially low-end parts I don't plan on throwing a lot of money at this project - just hope that I can get all the original kit back up and running. Pretty pleased how the brake levers cleaned up 👍

IMG_E0224.JPG

Oooh win! Prob far more pimp than an Acera mech deserves, but hey they were sitting in the tool box doing nothing ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_E0245.JPG
    IMG_E0245.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 10
It's yours and you can do what you want with it. Don't let an acera rear mech stand in the way of your blue anodised dreams :)

Cheers both 👍 It's looking a lot cleaner now - pimp my entry-level drivetrain 😂

IMG_E0264.JPG

I actually decided on the flat drag bars in the end - still character building weight-wise but I'm pretty pleased with how they look. Just waiting on a narrower seat (sans spiders) and new brake pads and it'll be good to go.

I just noticed that valve cap. I can't identify the critter, but it looks sweet! And you're either a Brit who loves the colonies or you're Murican. Either way, it's a cool frame bag.

It's an eagle (although looks more like a fish from some angles 😂 ) and yes I am a total americanophile 🇺🇸☺️ Can't wait till all this Covid rubbish is over to get back 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_E0286.JPG
    IMG_E0286.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_E0288.JPG
    IMG_E0288.JPG
    458.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back