1996 Marin Hawk Hill workhorse

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Being a little premature maybe as it's not here yet but I'm looking forward to getting this little thing back on the trails . . .

eBay pic . . .
Ebay 001.jpg

Looks all original and appears to have had very little use from the condition of the tyres but certainly not well-cared for given the amount of rust 🤦‍♀️

An imminent house move into hillier parts with plenty of awesome trails has prompted the search for something a little more sprightly than my Bullit and also something I'm going to be a little less precious about storing. Bike is on its way to me and the pile of bits is growing daily - waiting on a big-ass pair of motorcycle bars to help me up those Welsh hills 😅

IMG_E0202.JPG

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
It's arrived! Now where did I put my wire brush 😂 All original though so looking forward to getting it cleaned up. Ordered two sets of motorcycle bars (one riser, one flat with a shed load of sweep). The risers prob weigh more than the frame itself 💪 but you can't beat a bit o' chrome ✨ I had planned on fitting a new Blackburn mountain cage but the original is too nice - just hope I can save that paint 🖌️

Attachments

• IMG_E0211.JPG
    IMG_E0211.JPG
    515.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_E0217.JPG
    IMG_E0217.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_E0219.JPG
    IMG_E0219.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Although essentially low-end parts I don't plan on throwing a lot of money at this project - just hope that I can get all the original kit back up and running. Pretty pleased how the brake levers cleaned up 👍

IMG_E0224.JPG

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Oooh win! Prob far more pimp than an Acera mech deserves, but hey they were sitting in the tool box doing nothing ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_E0245.JPG
    IMG_E0245.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 10

albash82

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It's yours and you can do what you want with it. Don't let an acera rear mech stand in the way of your blue anodised dreams :)

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Cheers both 👍 It's looking a lot cleaner now - pimp my entry-level drivetrain 😂

IMG_E0264.JPG

I actually decided on the flat drag bars in the end - still character building weight-wise but I'm pretty pleased with how they look. Just waiting on a narrower seat (sans spiders) and new brake pads and it'll be good to go.

Lickskillet

Dirt Disciple
I just noticed that valve cap. I can't identify the critter, but it looks sweet! And you're either a Brit who loves the colonies or you're Murican. Either way, it's a cool frame bag.

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
It's an eagle (although looks more like a fish from some angles 😂 ) and yes I am a total americanophile 🇺🇸☺️ Can't wait till all this Covid rubbish is over to get back 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_E0286.JPG
    IMG_E0286.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_E0288.JPG
    IMG_E0288.JPG
    492.1 KB · Views: 4