1996 GT Bravado - now with dropbar content. New pics p3

Looks like an great build! I was looking for some more info on the frame, any chance you know what the tube set is?

Looks like an great build! I was looking for some more info on the frame, any chance you know what the tube set is?
The catalogue just says Tange double-butted, which applies to a lot of the Tange tubing. If it was Prestige or Ultimate, they might have advertised that, but it could also be because they used a mix of Tange tubing.
Anyoen else have any more detail?

Fitted some maxxis street Amber wall tyres. Next step are some Redshift drop bars and Gevenalle GX shifters to turn it into a byway thrasher. I used to hate the look of drops on an MTB, but having tried to sell "as is" with no luck, I've decided to keep and thrash it. 😁
IMG_20220130_112757.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great with the drops! Ended up getting the bike for a solid deal. Was your seatpost clamp 29.8? I measured mine out to that long but just wanted some confirmation.

Looks great with the drops! Ended up getting the bike for a solid deal. Was your seatpost clamp 29.8? I measured mine out to that long but just wanted some confirmation.
Hi - it is actually the stock seat clamp that came with the frame, so I have never measured it. The bike is in Cornwall at the moment, so I'll have a look when I'm down there at the weekend.

Back