1995 /1996 Hei Hei U.S. e-Bay

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sándor sent me this earlier for my records, so I won't take the credit for finding this one.

It is somewhat unusual, although I have one other similar example on record. It has the short Seat Tube extension / flatter Top Tube 1995 Geometry, but fitted out with what appear to be original 1996 Decals.

The other example that I have on record was quoted by the owner as "- told it’s a 1995 build for the 1996 model year."

1995_6 Hei Hei B19901 by Philip Mock, on Flickr
1995_6 Hei Hei B19901_4 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Hei-Hei ... Sw2kpdZeJZ

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I like this, really regret selling my 1997 king kahuna but never really liked the oval tubes on it.

Do you have a picture of a 1995/1996 19" bike built up pip ? I am interested in how the flat top tube looks.

Found a picture. The frames look huge. The geometry doesn't quite look right to me. Think it's the stump on the seat tube.

Well done Pip on taking to post this in my absence - apologies it's been a bit mad the last few days :oops:

Agree with the sentiments that the flatter top tube in this particular year of production doesn't reflect Kona's more normal aggresive race geometry, however, it's a good example and an interesting find none the less

Back