1994 Marin 'Time Warp' Bear Valley SE - Now Completed.... 20km Shake Down Test Ride

abr303

Retro Guru
Hi, sorry to jump into this thread. I just came into possession of a lovely 94 Bear Valley SE - same as yours, sans seat post.

However I cannot figure out what inner diameter the seat tube has. Caliper gives me 26.4 to 26.6mm variations on the measurements depending on how I measure it and the time of day. Would you be so kind as to measure yours? That would let me know which diameter I should buy to restore my BVSE to its former glory - just like yours. Amazing job by the way, very inspirational! Danke!
Hi
No problem 👍Thanks for positive comments. I replaced the original seatpost like for like for a longer version as the original had been trimmed down. Both posts are 27.0mm 👍 Worth checking that the inside or your seat tube has no rust/corrosion or build of general dirt and grime which would give you a false vernier caliper reading 👍

trebuchet

Retro Newbie
Hi
No problem 👍Thanks for positive comments. I replaced the original seatpost like for like for a longer version as the original had been trimmed down. Both posts are 27.0mm 👍 Worth checking that the inside or your seat tube has no rust/corrosion or build of general dirt and grime which would give you a false vernier caliper reading 👍
Gosh, thanks for the seatpost diameter! The tube opening does seem to be a bit oval (reading 25.x in parts). I will give 27.0 a go then!

Also did you consider brazing disc tabs on? I'm planning to turn this into a touring bike!

Huranura

Marin Fan
So got the cabling sorted and set everything up...... only thing needed will be a proper quick release or seat post binder bolt as it's a make shift one for now. I will compile a spec list shortly but I couldn't wait to get out for test ride....... Miss Spd's so that will be my 'to do' next on the list but a great 20km shake down test ride for sure....

Warning, pic heavy content coming right up..... :)

MH8mqWxl.jpg

eg2y5V4l.jpg

vqoygQcl.jpg

DWcVipol.jpg

i0lHHRal.jpg

ejzezJOl.jpg

n1O7Imyl.jpg

EYl5G93l.jpg

e0xNE7tl.jpg

C4PK0LAl.jpg

8ypvnaql.jpg

feQLW8Jl.jpg

XO2f8Zkl.jpg

pTJYfnbl.jpg

sZTz5y2l.jpg

Thanks for tuning in :)👍
Last pic the best one, in the valley, seems like “wheatness” suits him ))