1994 Marin 'Time Warp' Bear Valley SE - Now Completed.... 20km Shake Down Test Ride

Magpiegifts

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm impressed. Didn't take too much effort and you have done it proud. Always liked the bear valley marins and yours looks sweet 😉

abr303

Retro Guru
I'm impressed. Didn't take too much effort and you have done it proud. Always liked the bear valley marins and yours looks sweet 😉
Thanks Rich, it was a really good base to work from to be fair but now at least I know its fully rebuilt, greased and properly set up and looking like new.... It might no be a primo build but I love how its turned out..... I'll leave the primo builds for my two P7's, c16R and Stumjumper M2 for that when I eventually find some suspension forks for them.... :LOL:

Magpiegifts

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
It's Pete 😉. Rich is just the PayPal I use.
You were incredibly lucky to find a barely used prime example of a gorgeous Marin

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
Great work here!

And yeah, I think you made the right choice replacing that top tube decal.

Looks amazing now.

There's been a lot of Marin content on here in recent months and this thread is a welcome addition to those that have come before it. Have enjoyed catching up just now.

Hopefully this Team Issue of mine will build (pun not exactly intended) up a little steam in the next couple of weeks, so I can really join in...

abr303

Retro Guru
Great work here!

And yeah, I think you made the right choice replacing that top tube decal.

Looks amazing now.

There's been a lot of Marin content on here in recent months and this thread is a welcome addition to those that have come before it. Have enjoyed catching up just now.

Hopefully this Team Issue of mine will build (pun not exactly intended) up a little steam in the next couple of weeks, so I can really join in...
Many thanks for the comments, look forward to seeing your Team Issue progress 👍

trebuchet

Retro Newbie
Hi, sorry to jump into this thread. I just came into possession of a lovely 94 Bear Valley SE - same as yours, sans seat post.

However I cannot figure out what inner diameter the seat tube has. Caliper gives me 26.4 to 26.6mm variations on the measurements depending on how I measure it and the time of day. Would you be so kind as to measure yours? That would let me know which diameter I should buy to restore my BVSE to its former glory - just like yours. Amazing job by the way, very inspirational! Danke!