For Sale 1994 Kona Kilauea retro MTB Mountain Bike steel Tange Prestige 16 inch

Karina

Retro Newbie
A classic! Well loved, looked-after and maintained. It got lots of use in the 90s, and I replaced and upgraded components as I needed to (including the brakes, shifters and forks). Since then it’s only been used very occasionally and not at all in the last 10+ years – has been hanging in the shed, kept nice and dry, and is ready for a new owner! Everything works fine. The drive-chain is worn but has plenty of life still left in it. The full spec:

Frame: Tange Prestige Concept. Ultra-light, agile, a perfect balance of stiffness and ‘spring’ in all the right places. In great condition for its age - has never been crashed, there are no dents, cracks or major scratches.

Fork: (Upgraded) Manitou MARS Diva. Air Sprung. Occasionally need ‘topping up’ with a standard shock-pump. I think I still have the original Marzzochi XC 51 the bike came with if you want to restore it to its original spec.

Chainset: Sugino Impel 700, Super Shifter rings 42/32/22
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT cartridge, 113mm
Cassette: Shimano XT 11-28, 8 speed
Front & derailleurs: Shimano Deore XT
Brake levers / Shifters (Upgraded): Shimano Deore XT STI
Pedals: Shimano SPD
Brakes (Front and Rear) (Upgraded): Shimano XT V with cartridge pads
Rims: Mavic 230/231

Can check other details if you need me to. I have the original manual to send with the bike.

£300 ono. Can deliver to the Cheltenham/Bath/Bristol/Oxford/Swindon area).

Attachments

• DSC_0173.JPG
    DSC_0173.JPG
    801.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0179.JPG
    DSC_0179.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 158
You'll need to include a price buddy as per forum rules.

Cool bike though, used to have one of these

I’ve checked and that is correct - 16” from bottom bracket to where seat post joins frame.

Karina

Back