Sold 1994 Fat Chance Titanium M/L Frameset

Star12

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1994 Fat Chance Titanium Frameset, M/L Size, as per the 1994 Fat Chance Catalogue, Serial Number 063T4ML.

The Package I have is the Titanium Frame with original Fat Chance Seat Collar and two original “Tooth Picks” Anti-Chainsuck device, a custom Titanium BOI Style Fork, a really nice 1” Turquoise Chris King NoThreadSet Headset and a lovely condition XTR M900 31.8 mm BP Front Derailleur. The frame has titanium rear brake-bosses and bottle-cage bolts. There is also a new Turquoise replacement pulley-wheel for the seat-tube mounted Front Derailleur cable that I never got around to installing and will include. I also have a new 27.2 to 29.4 mm Seatpost Shim that I can include, if needed, so a 27.2 mm Seatpost can be used.

Overall excellent condition however there is some minor chainsuck and also a very small dent which is hidden on the underside of the non-driveside chainstay. It is about the size of a grain of rice, must have been caused by a rock or something, (the previous owner declared it but did not say how it happened), and is really hard to photograph but I have tried to capture it. There are no other issues, no cracks etc. It’s a stunning frame.

The Titanium BOI Style Fork is really beautiful. I’m afraid I do not know the manufacturer but the craftsmanship is stunning with beautiful welds.

Photos of the bike partially built-up and also photos of the frameset and parts in this album here:

I am asking £2300 for the above mentioned package, plus shipping from the UK to wherever you are located. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Star12

Re: 1994 Fat Chance Titanium M/L Frameset

Beautiful thing, '94 was the best they ever made apparently.

Simply one of the best titanium bikes ever made. I know the seller and the bike, this is a mega deal. Especially with the extras.
The detailing on it is fantastic.

I had one of these from 94. The most work I’ve ever seen on a ti frame. The turned external butting was art. Just lovely.

yoeddygrant":2c4pga9r said:
I had one of these from 94. The most work I’ve ever seen on a ti frame. The turned external butting was art. Just lovely.

Im fortunate to have two 94 Tis and even to this day I haven't seen nicer welds. Dont forget the laborious externally butted Ti tubing was hand done by lathe and these are ‘first pass’ welds, not double pass like most Ti frames of the time and since. You only have one go to get it perfect with the former, hence his moniker IROBOT.

All this chat is making me want this bike.

Don't need it, don't have space for it, dont have time for it. Still want it...!

FireMountain95":37wkwm7n said:
All this chat is making me want this bike.

Don't need it, don't have space for it, dont have time for it. Still want it...!
Then save me from it and buy it.

Back