1994 Fat Chance Shock a Billy and parts for sale

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
It is with regret that I find myself splitting this bike and selling the frame and some of the parts, but my Holy Grail, a 93 Yeti ARC is on the way and I need some of the parts.

I bought this bike late 2014 last and built it up slowly hunting down as much turquoise Ringle, Cooks and Chris King as I could, the plan was to strip it again and send it off to Fat Creations to have the frame painted in Fat Chance Green/Blue aquafade. I was quoted £200 for the paint job and Gil_m supplied me with a fantastic quality decal kit. The current paint is a lovely metallic blue, it has the odd chip but is great as is.

This is the link to the build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=311485&hilit=Shock+a+billy

The frame is a small but setup as shown fits me nicely at 5 11", it handles superbly and it will be missed. The bike uses the AMP F2 rear end with a lovely Fat Chance quad-butted 4130 crome-moly steel front end, the coil shock is oil damped with no sign of leaks. There is provision for a front mech roller but works fine without. Included is the rare Fat Chance rear stay brace, I have swapped the bolts out for Ti ones. The bottom pivot has a small grub screw to hold the steel bar central, this has come off but Fat Creations stated that this could be easily welded back on. I rode it without many a time so no issue but it'll be included for the new owner. Front mech size is 31.8, seatpost is 29.4, 1" headset.

Happy to do a deal on frame and parts, parts only for sale once the frame has sold. Prices don't include postage.

Frame including decal kit and all outer cables which are new condition Shimano £230

RockShox Judy SL forks in gear condition with Kronos Spring kit, 1" ahead steerer and Ti hardwear £85

Chris King 1" turquoise aheadset in lovely condition, top cap isn't marked as CK but same colour. £75

Ringle ahead stem in turquoise 120mm c to c with some rise and new decals plus original Ti hardwear, this is 1 1/8" but I have been running a shim which works great and will be included £65

Ringle Moby seatpost in turquoise, nice and long and uncut in great order, unsure of diameter right now but it's running with a 29.4 shim £80

Original ODI Attack mushroom grips in Fluoro green, only ridden twice with no visible wear £30

I may also be able to include the following:

Shimano XTR M900 front mech, 31.8 top pull £15

PACE Renthal RC+130 blue handlebars, uncut and very nice £35

Shimano XTR M900 rear mech, non original jockey wheels and bolts £20

Shimano XTR M900 shifter/brake units £40

Shimano XTR M900 cantis with LX brake pads, one pair £15

Shimano XTR chainset and matching BB, arms need polishing and outer ring is a purple Middleburn £50

Shimano XT caged pedals, cages are silver, presume last owner removed all the black paint £15

Set of Ti and alloy wheel quick releases similar handle style to early HOPE £10

Pair of wheels, Hope Ti with black wheels rear hub on grey rim, Hope black front hub on grey Mavic rim, pair of blackwall tyres and an 8 speed cassette if I can dig one out £100

If you bought the lot you'd just need a saddle, chain and one canti brake. The total price would be £800 (includes a £65 discount on prices above). Can post for £30.

Any questions just ask.

The saddle, cranks, wheels and brakes and bottle cage in the pics are NOT for sale I am afraid.

Double-E F":pivpgvka said:
Nice :cool:..! GLWS

Dibs on that Yeti if you ever decide to sell ;)

Thanks mate, I can't begin to imagine what bike I would have to find to want to sell the Yeti, I've not even got my hands physically on it yet as it's still in the post. I'll keep you in mind though :LOL:

I'll get a build thread up as soon as I can.

Minifreak":2bj2rjzn said:
Double-E F":2bj2rjzn said:
Nice :cool:..! GLWS

Dibs on that Yeti if you ever decide to sell ;)

Thanks mate, I can't begin to imagine what bike I would have to find to want to sell the Yeti, I've not even got my hands physically on it yet as it's still in the post. I'll keep you in mind though :LOL:

I'll get a build thread up as soon as I can.

I'm looking forward to seeing it built..!

Lovely. Good luck with the sale. Nice to see some good prices too!

Enjoy the yeti too.

Re:

Interested in the shifters/levers,rear mech and cantis depending on condition and pics

Back