1993 GT Corrado > Richter 8.0 - Tioga build

House renovation is almost complete, so just about time before my departure for some pre-storage transplant surgery:

3ULwSnIUw-XK8Pvza58QYxTreietuFXaypUVOIwSPi_cSsPThx-MXNwT3Amjs4L4SjSKAN1zLDVUVGrJO0iSA7Aknd79-8jtn0F4q6INUpzFbHdvOl1gy_HDsCoihV0YHYU-yJwjqA=w1194-h895-no

I'm not entirely happy with the powdercoating, but short of starting again, this is as good as it will be and this is a rider, so it will pick up scuffs etc soon enough anyway.

40 mins to strip the Corrado frame (some of which was spent looking for tools I hadn't used for a long time).

There's no food in the house, so this seems like a good point to stop and go out and get some food:

M97ZTZui8UMzv315bhgIBccYW0yv9_2PM1a6nyDTkcx17brSBj2w9VGaW0uoFoo-4iwCbT2yy3Vj3JXovOKuyo3gojc1_qSyhUkI5dvGSR0MlKvwipeS3t0yGfkJGP0PnGBZkovXJg=w1194-h895-no

The weights of the two frames are: Corrado - 2240g Richter 8.0 - 2010g

It's not about saving weight though, it's partly about following the story through to the end and partly a perceived preference for how the Richter feels.

Graham_hkr":j8eibqt4 said:
kingoffootball":j8eibqt4 said:
I'm not entirely happy with the powdercoating
Hi Will,
Who did the powder coating, just so I don't go there? :(

I think I might have just been unlucky - or their quality isn't as good at the moment. It was Yorvik Engineering, who have previously done excellent work. This time there was some "orange peel" which they polished out when I took it back, but there are still some minor marks. It's still a much better job than the Corrado (done at LSN Coatings) but not as good as the Raleigh Twenty which Yorvik did for me and is fantastic or the Peugeot, which I was also happy with.

I still haven't found a correct Tioga seatpost for the Richter 8.0 frame, so this hasn't been ridden since the parts were transplanted, but I have found a part for it that I didn't ever expect to find ...

DSC_1497.JPG

They are a bit scruffy and I haven't decided the level of restoration I will do on them before fitting, but it will be a great addition to my Tioga build.

I finally found the correct seatpost, so the Richter is finally rideable!

I haven't had a chance to fit the new crankset yet, but hopefully I'll get an opportunity soon.

I can now finally part with the 26.6 mm Tioga post I was hanging onto, in case I had to shim it. I'm sure there was someone looking for one at some point, but I've had a search and can't find it.

I'll put up an advert and hopefully it will find its way to someone who really needs it for a build.

It's back out of storage!

DSC_1998.JPG

No time to fit the Revolvers before I go on holiday, but I will do that when I get back and that will give me a good comparison with the M730/Syncros BB.

I finally fitted the replacement crank bolt (I had to wait for the correct colours, stainless steel). I'm happy to finally have some Tioga Revolvers to use. The M730 cranks obviously fitted with the rest of the drivechain, but The Tioga aspect of the build was always more important.

I can't imagine I'll ever be fitting a Disk Drive! So this is finished and my main bike for off-road:

DSC_2074.JPG DSC_2072.JPG DSC_2073.JPG
DSC_2075.JPG

I'm looking forward to taking it for a ride before I put it back in storage.

Back