1992 Marin Pine Mountain with XT, £120

rogerzilla

Retro Guru
Near me if anyone wants help with collection. I'd love it but I don't have space for another bike. Apart from the comedy bar ends, it looks original. Zolatone and fluo orange, perfect.

I've been talking with the seller and would like to buy it but he's only accepting bank transfer which I'm a little dubious of. I'm in London but could drive-up to collect in a week or so. If you could help with collection and if I can PayPal you and you pay him cash would that work? It looks ok but I'm a little worried about the bank transfer bit. Thanks!

Yes, happy to do that if it saves the bike. Do ask him lots of questions as the photos aren't totally clear and I'd want the paint to be decent - it's not easy to re-create properly. I saw one that Argos had resprayed and, while good, it wasn't like the original Zolatone matt grey/black.

PM me for arrangements if you want to go ahead. You can make it subject to inspection for major faults - I can check for serious damage or shot bearings.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the bike having only read the first post and thought I'd let you know Mark as it might be something you'd be interested in - then saw your comment :)

Thanks both! I bought it, seller is a very nice genuine bloke. He sent me more photos and whilst the paint isn't mint, it's pretty good and original apart from saddle and tyres. He's happy to hold. Thanks so much Rogerzilla for the offer of help.

Back