1992 GT Avalanche parts

Piet

Retro Newbie
Hi

Does anyone know a good online place to find parts for a 1992 GT Avalanche and/or Shimano Deore LX rear derailleur (RD-M567, 1995 - 199:cool: ? The steel hanger that connects the derailleur to the frame is bent and won't stay in place anymore. I've looked at a gazillion sites already, but haven't found a hanger that is specific for my bike frame.

Thanks!

Attachments

• RD-M567.PNG
    RD-M567.PNG
    461.5 KB · Views: 388
Thanks. Did not know that. I am fairly new to the retro bike scene and learning as I go. My bike also does not seem to be very standard to begin with. The frame and rear derailleur were not made in the same years as far as I can tell, has a hyperglide front derailleur, yellow Rock Shox suspension on the front, and a different saddle. When I bought it four years ago, I had no idea what a gem this was (nor did the previous owner probably). But I've been riding it pretty hard since (lots of potholes here in Montreal), and replacing parts as they break (which I admit is not a very good strategy).

Attachments

• 058_.png
    058_.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 303
I also haven't found detailed info on what the specs should have been. Mostly magazines and folders from the 90's when the bike came out, but finding details on each individual component has been difficult. That being said, the hanger does fit perfectly in the frame, so it does like the frame was made for it.

Back