1991 Wicked Fat Chance

yo-Nate-y

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
wicked.jpg

This one is going to take some work!
Arrived today---despite nice instructions to the seller/shipper and an otherwise conscientious packing job, he left the front wheel axle bumped up on the downtube :evil:

A bit of seat tube rust, but doesn't look like it has propagated too far. Currently doused in PB Blaster, and I'll polish and sand that shit out when I get the chance.

The XT parts are in pretty good shape, but I think I am going to swap out a few for some things I have that are in better shape.

Updates to come......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPKstHYnVR0

Dhphat

Senior Retro Guru
I like it! I'd lose the shock and find a wicked fork though. The head tube angle is so slack to begin w/ that i think it would ride kind of funny w/ that.

I've got a wicked that I'm waiting to bring to be resprayed once my monster and slim are done and ready to be picked up.

yo-Nate-y

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I put in an order today with Tom Teesdale for a fillet brazed, 1" threaded, 1.75" rake, 394mm fork in bright red, with eyelets and lowrider rack mounts :)

Martin

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
You wont regret riding the Fat rigid. Have good memories on the Wicked, also this size.

Lokking forward for the update with forks.

Cheers,
Martin

yo-Nate-y

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Some part choices:

black seat pin, black Ringle camtwists, maybe black SG rings, black wall Smoke/Dart, and switching to a XT hub/high polish Sun Chinook wheelset, silver Real levers, Ourys or Odi Attack grips, XT low-profile pedals with fluoro yellow straps.

Here's the seatpost and saddle :)

photo-1.jpg