1991 Parkpre Sledgehammer

Ferghus

Retro Guru
Upon cleaning up this frame, it dawned on me that I really do not need another build on my hands and especially a 20" frame that does not suit my needs.

I bought this bike for parts and the frame was a bonus. It was sprayed partially black and I have put a fair bit of labor into removing much of this overspray.

There is not a lot of info on the 1990 Parkpre sledgehammer but if you look up the 1991 model (different paint scheme), you should get the gist of this frame's construction.

This bike has been well loved, used, left out in the rain and all that good stuff but for a 25 yr old relic, it is still quite decent. Comes with a nice sealed bearing (1994?) XT headset that I am too lazy to remove and a shimano bottom bracket that I have no idea of its specs.

It is a very cool frame - partial "lug" at the top of the seat-tube, tig welded with filler used to give it the appearance of fillet brazing, Tange prestige, 20" seat-tube and a really nice rear canti stop that routes through the seat collar(as pictured). Any questions - ask away. I prefer to sell locally

$75 CAD

...thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6865.jpg
    IMG_6865.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6866.jpg
    IMG_6866.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_6870.jpg
    IMG_6870.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_6869.jpg
    IMG_6869.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 320
Love it! I have this bike with first gen Rock Shox that I got in Somerville at Fat City Cycles... did you ever sell this?

Attachments

• 1990ParkPreSledgehammer.PNG
    1990ParkPreSledgehammer.PNG
    186.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Mountain Bike Magazine 1991 Park Pre Sledge Hammer.pdf
    551.3 KB · Views: 2
Love it! I have this bike with first gen Rock Shox that I got in Somerville at Fat City Cycles... did you ever sell this?
Your's looks like a nice example ! I seem to recall leaving mine out in the back alley(city living) as an offering and it was gone shortly after.

Back