1991 Formula 1 Cycles full suspension - F1/08/S1 ex Deb Murrell

Full article as requested, from Mountain Biker International, August 1993. The main focus of the article is the development of the mono-stay rear triangle developed with Robert’s for the hard tail, which replaced the original e-stay version.

EE816203-DA75-42B2-9D91-5C92B8D8C62B.jpeg

D53F646D-8CBC-432A-9A6C-05A8F8986BC1.jpeg

AE029F9A-4DAA-4C49-BEAE-AF6578A3DCDC.jpeg

9CDD1685-3A35-4BF9-910B-AAC9BE101656.jpeg

Awesome Si, I’ve always had a thing for Formula 1 bikes...outstanding effort

Ooh, I used to love a Corrado

Wow.. I had no idea ole Dave Price ran a bike business on the side - and that Formula One Cycles was his!!
Explains the Sauber Mercedes on the wall in the pics above; one of the teams he used to run) Perhaps most well-known for the McLaren F1 GTR racing exploits in the mid 90's.

Phenomenal archaeology on the bike and company too, in awe of those frames. Interesting comparing the build sheet with a massive range triple up front, but a short-cage mech; where in the photos it doesn't seem to be running the granny gear (funnily enough!) in the DH races, and at times only a single ring with chainguide, where a short-cage mech makes a lot of sense.

New (to me) discovery of Deb on this bike at Metabief in France for the 1993 Downhill World Championships. Video footage from The Mountain Bike Show. If anyone has the full episode, please let me know as the video posted online is an edit.
9B44AFFE-7B84-436B-A6D0-999424903A10.jpeg

I assume you have seen this video, and an interesting part at 8:30 showing the next show in the series, have been unable to find it as of yet though.

Thanks Mark, yes nice video from 1992. It shows Deb on the other full suspension frame she used that year. I do have the episode which includes the Formula 1 factory tour - I’ll try and upload that section sometime. The episode I’m looking for will be September/October 1993 I expect, featuring a report on the World Championships ftom Metabief. I never thought to record them nearly 30 years ago!

I have a most dh races over many years on vhs somewhere, not sure they go back as early as '93 though, will try to dig them out and check.

And am interested to see the factory section if you do get time to upload it.

Back