1991 Formula 1 Cycles full suspension - F1/08/S1 ex Deb Murrell

You’re right Carl, in that S1 was kept on for the 1993 season and was updated with the Marzocchi shock. S2 and S3, which were built after S1, were advertised for sale at the end of the 1992 season. I can only presume that S1 was kept on as it had the option to run Hope mechanical discs as well as Magura’s. Deb ran S1 with both options at different points of the 1993 season.

The addition of the Marzocchi shock needed the extra ‘diamond’ carbon pieces to hold it in place. Another knock-on effect was the Marzocchi shock didn’t allow room for a water bottle that Deb was able to have when the Formula 1 shock was used. The water bottle cage mounting holes were taped over when I got the frame

06ADCB75-0F98-43F8-B556-C275B54E5D7A.jpeg

On a side note, was there only one carbon front section made for the Full suspension and hardtail designs. Only now seeing the angle in the image you have provided, its looks like the frame started life as a hardtail...?

This thread just gets better and better.

it would explain, a lot of things, the wider pivot with end caps, to accommodate the plates, and the seat stay mounting holes now visible with the Cromo hardtail seat stays removed.

I'm sure there's more to this frames story.........

I do love a mystery...🥰

Yes - there was only one carbon monocoque type. The full suspension versions were adapted from that design

I can see it now....., "Monday Morning",...after race day. How was it Debs...?

"great but a bit harsh on me ass"..

"No probs, give us the frame, ill give you some suspension."

RACE DEVELOPMENT AT ITS BEST.:cool: dhvndgh (2).jpg

Id love it if you could post the whole thing.

There's little wonder these bikes have stood the test of time, the man hours that must have gone into them...

How is yours looking, i mean pivot wear, general maintenance required, what the next step...? Much required...?

Id love to see a S3 for comparison of the model too.

I love her spec choice too, ahead, discs, two rings, and the Mother of all crud catchers..... :cool:

Apologise for it not being the right bike, but she still riding the formula to success. Debs taking command at Eastnor..jpg

I’ll post up the full article tomorrow.

My frame is in good shape. Obviously well used in-period but only in short bursts!

Just to clarify, I’ve chosen to refer to the different full suspension frames by S1, S2 etc. They all had full serial numbers - but the full suspension frames had the S pre-fix too. Uno Speedo has a full suspension frame which is on here for comparison. Also, the one featured in MBUK must be S2 or S3.

Both for sale at the end of 1992 here;

FDFE9DB9-0070-453E-AC75-44EA957C5A98.jpeg

Back