1991 Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East Jade Green

chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all.. welcome to my latest project, this 1991 Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East resto'.

It began life in black gloss with orange splatter (the more popular of the two colour options available) and I've had it redone in jade-green (the other colour available). The jade-green originally had gold decals but I've opted for silver to go with a silver components build. I've got really clear direction where I'm taking this one and I hope it's going to ride and look the business.

Restoration work has been carried out by Argos in Bristol, and the standard of finish to the frame and forks is outstanding. They have matched the green extremely closely (it's a little bluer than the original) and recreated the decals to perfection; even the 'Beast of the East' decal on the rear stay has been replicated. The green is a deep metallic shade with a hint of blue making it appear almost teal in some lights. It really does sparkle up close, the phone pictures taken on the bed do not do it justice.

The build is going to be a high-end period effort but not boutique standard. The form and function of components mixed with this stunningly finished US crafted frame will I'm sure meet all expectations.

Build imminent, I hope you enjoy the thread...

Thanks for looking, Craig

Signing in to see this one Craig :)

Back