1990 Marin Palisades info.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all. Just picked up a sensibly sized 90 Palisades that looks to be in great condition under the grime. Couple of questions though, does any one know the seat post diameter and can confirm the original was black? Also, what was the original Tange tubing decal?

TIA.

If the original front wheel should be an Araya 7x in silver then I may have one, can't remember for sure. Let me know and I can check at the weekend as I owe you a favour.

Seatpost originally was a silver cast head Kalloy.
Mine is 26.2. Probably nominally it's 26.4, but if you got a bit more ovalisation during welding it's 26.2.
It's not an easy size to find, I upgraded to a USE post with a shim.

Cheers all. I'll check the wheel, it's defo Araya and it has a decent seat post but it's shimmed and I'd prefer something more original looking.... Could be a long wait! Or look out for a scruffy and cheap Palisades to strip....

Original wheels were Araya VP-20 with rustless spokes. I have a set of hubs (RM20 rear and RM50 front) from mine (the rims are long worn-out).
1991 versions got the black post, also had fatter stays.

Cheers mate. The current front is a cheapo replacement but I have a spare Mavic 231 on Suntour so might just use that for now. Knowing how hard it is to find Marin saddles from the era as well as a dodgy seat post size I think finding a donor will be the way to go.

Back