1989 Overbury’s Pioneer. Finished

Surprised that you stuck with the Biopace chain rings tbh. I thought you might have changed them out.
Not that big a surprise surely? I just put on what near period correct kit I had in my spares box. It’s only on loan to the frame as it’s not a keeper, just building for fun.
I’ve got one of those bottle holders but in a mid orange/red.
Yes I’ve plenty rattling around in my workshop, I like them because they’re an easy option to colour coordinate.

Nice ride out today, everything worked just as it should, I tried a mixed bag for fun;
Road, lively & lovely just as THM said it would be.
Gravel/green lane. Ah now, much more fun. Perfect.
Farm track with roots. Bike was capable, maybe the rider less so as a shattered left wrist from 1998 reminded me why front shocks are a good idea!
Local kids hidden jump park in the woods. I bottled it. 😃 0FB1D348-6748-4AA7-ADFE-2EC45462D416.jpeg 3078B451-BBB9-434B-9528-0CA867203370.jpeg 839398D4-BCB9-45E0-858A-B5DAFEF1AB46.jpeg

I really like the red and white fade with the colour coordination on the decals and cables.
Can’t help but think a silver post would maybe look better, but that’s just me.

I really like the red and white fade with the colour coordination on the decals and cables.
Can’t help but think a silver post would maybe look better, but that’s just me.
Cheers Adrian, yes I know what you mean, but then I’d need to put my hand my pocket for a bike I’m not keeping. I nearly put a NOS 27mm silver DX in it, but I’m keeping that for my ‘89 Claud.

Very nice, and the paint looks fab: from this I take it you’d recommend Powder&Paint?
Yes, but more with single colours. The powder coat fades are a bit hit and miss

Back