1989 Overbury’s Pioneer. Finished

A quick search back through RB shows this frame on sale here; Pioneer + P2 Fork described as having P2 forks.
Is that a generic term used to describe this style of raked straight fork? or should it only be used when describing a Kona Project 2 fork?

The P2 fork was offered as an after market option too, it does mean the project two fork, but the fork was made by spinner. it found its way to may brands in the end, Dave Yates, Roberts, KHS, and was also available to the public to buy as a separate item. Not used to describe a generic straight fork, only a Kona P2 as you say.

The P2 fork was offered as an after market option too, it does mean the project two fork, but the fork was made by spinner. it found its way to may brands in the end, Dave Yates, Roberts, KHS, and was also available to the public to buy as a separate item. Not used to describe a generic straight fork, only a Kona P2 as you say.
Ok, so, does that means this is or isn't a P2? I thought they were square bottomed?

See the purple one? Well it’s my wife now.

View attachment 532428

So what up?
Well a few things;

1. It’s as rough as a badgers arse.
2. It’s purple.
3. 1&2 are easily Peachyfied but will the OB massive get upset if I change the colour?
4. Are the straight forks original kit? As I can only find something similar on a Pioneer E-stay, also this one doesn’t have the trademark fork crown/shoulders or a frame number stamp, or mudguard eyes.
5. I had bought this with the idea in mind of cleaning it up & moving it on, not for profit just enough to wipe my face, but now I’ve been playing with THM’s new love https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/incoming-overbury’s-again.425893/
I’m starting to have second thoughts. So are they any good? Is it worth sticking the best 90’s odd and sods I’ve got on it? Or would it make more sense to use a tidy 1989 Exage Country group on it?
Answers on a post card please.
Does this mean you will be taking down the picture of young Claud?

Latest posts

Back