1989 Overbury’s Pioneer. Finished

Oh nice info...
Ok so for now I'm going to go with white. Why? why not? and the stickers THM gave me are red. I think I'll start as THM has suggested with the Exage group I have then see if I like riding it, If I do I might up-grade, but if I don't I'll put it up for sale here first so an Overbury's fan can get first dibs, frameset or complete whichever they fancy.

It will of course be tidy ;)

Im glad, the spec sheet is getting used these days.

My first thought was........Christ how tall is the wife....? Will she need a ladder, or does she come with stilts as standard equipment.

The info on the last page is interesting. I've not seen an Overbury in the flesh, and didn't realize they had a sort of cult following.

The info on the last page is interesting. I've not seen an Overbury in the flesh, and didn't realize they had a sort of cult following.

Not wanting to get burned at the Stake, but a cult in a far different way to Claud Butler....;)

Not wanting to get burned at the Stake, but a cult in a far different way to Claud Butler....;)

That's a really nice present hey! That looks amazing tbh Sinnerman, beautiful bike....

Make it into a gravel bike. All the rage and simple to build. Use less expensive parts and see if you can get some of your pounds back. Is there gravel in the U.K.? In 2014 my wife and I rode the Hadrian’s Wall route and encountered very little gravel. I live in the Le Bush and can honestly ride hundreds of miles of gravel from my doorstep. Anyway that’s what I would do living on the doorstep of Lake Superior. I’m not certain that gravel riding is as big in the U.K. as it is here. There is no cell service so not many distracted drivers and very few vehicles. That’s a big reason for the popularity of gravel here. now, early spring is the best time to ride gravel here. The plowd gravel is pretty extensive, bare on the road surface and rock hard in the morning before it gets above freezing. My Univega gravel bike was made from an old Turing frame with 29er mountain bike rims laced to old French hubs. I just talked myself into a gravel ride. 0122EFD2-4093-4DCD-A591-1BE2E9962E6D.jpeg CD0A86ED-2375-48DF-BA56-E657EFA64687.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm impressed by the gravel cliff ;) that stem you have has got me thinking...

0122EFD2-4093-4DCD-A591-1BE2E9962E6D.jpeg

Back