1984 Claud Butler Majestic 2 E-conversion

Excellent job. Enjoy

I forgot my wallet and (lazily leaving the bike against the fence instead of carrying it down the steps to the yard) went back to the house to get it. By the time I'd unlocked the gate, and the back door, and returned with my wallet it was gone. With a top speed of 55km/h on the electric drive it could have been anywhere in the three-or-four minutes I was away. It's been reported, but I suspect it's been stripped of all the good bits (there's plenty) and will never be seen again.
It was tremendous fun.

I forgot my wallet and (lazily leaving the bike against the fence instead of carrying it down the steps to the yard) went back to the house to get it. By the time I'd unlocked the gate, and the back door, and returned with my wallet it was gone. With a top speed of 55km/h on the electric drive it could have been anywhere in the three-or-four minutes I was away. It's been reported, but I suspect it's been stripped of all the good bits (there's plenty) and will never be seen again.
It was tremendous fun.
Oh sh*t! Bad news! I'm gutted for you mate.

Oh sh*t! Bad news! I'm gutted for you mate.
Thanks Peachy!. I was kicking myself all through yesterday, drove around the place knowing it wasn't going to be left on the side of the road somewhere but hoping whoever took it may have had an attack of the guilts and abandoned it, but no. Thanks for your input and advice during the fun part.

I never thought I’d see it again, but I got a call from my local frame-builder mate asking if I’d lost my bike.
He said a customer had told him about a blue tandem he’d found leaning against a tree near his place and he remembered a conversation they’d had about mine.
Weren’t in town that morning so he went and picked it up for me and kept it till we got back that afternoon.
I can vouch for the water resistant quality of the electrics—it had been bucketing down for the previous couple of days.
Now I can get to work on the last few bits to make it the way we want it.

B0D531A5-96B4-40EA-8337-2A4A8D5F08A8.jpeg 9A2C2A0A-B92D-4A01-8701-8C22BD09C85C.jpeg

That is fantastic news!
I was sure as I started to read this that you would say "of course all the electrics had been stripped out"

PS, It might be a good idea to go back to your first post and edit the title to something like 1984 Claud Butler Majestic 2 E-conversion, It might help someone searching for info to do the same.

That is fantastic news!
I was sure as I started to read this that you would say "of course all the electrics had been stripped out"

PS, It might be a good idea to go back to your first post and edit the title to something like 1984 Claud Butler Majestic 2 E-conversion, It might help someone searching for info to do the same.
Will do, thanks Peachy!

Latest posts

Back