1982/3 western flyer kamikaze

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Picked this up while down south at the NEC cycle show last year, obviously lockdown has had its advantages such as a bit of time to do a bit extra.

As it was

Plans are to strip it, clean it and restore what I can and replace anything that ideally needs it. The bars are bloody horrid and the post is too short for me, even though it’ll on,y be used for beach cruising and shows I still gotta ride it haha

Might even get the Hoffman flash finished this lockdown....

Re:

And finished

Frames been clear coated, all parts cleaned and serviced, new cables and outers with new diacompe cable clamps. Fitted some new and larger bars,longer layback and a better chain, the original one was too corroded to trust. During comp3 copies and some on one grips and it's good to go. Ridden it to the shop and cruises well :)

Re:

That is a remarkable transformation. Thinking it needs gold cable outers though.

How did you get the fork to clean up so well?

Re:

The oe gold had some splits and I had lots of white in a role. the nearest I can get is a yellowish gold, I have a short piece leftover from another build and the colour didn't sit right.
Forks were just fine wire wool,one side came io better than the other as I initially used a course green pad with took some of the shine away :( then clear coated.

Awaiting a trip to cleggy to cruise the seafront with Eddie fiola now....doubt this year will happen though

The History Man":3j1c6ox6 said:
You mean skeggy?

Like your grifter mister.

Nope cleethorpes dude......the lincs equivalent of .....errr...Huntington beach la...hahahahaha

Back