1952 Claud Butler 'New Allrounder' Bilaminate - Frame & Fork

Cheesedisease

Senior Retro Guru
Claud Butler 'New Allrounder' Bilaminate - Frame & Fork - 22"
December 1952

***Sale is for frame & forks only***

The 'New Allrounder' is a beautiful bilaminate model that uses the same pattern as the sought after, earlier version of the 'Avant Coureur' model. Sale is for frame and forks, parts are either being used or gone. Last photo is to show geometry. Wheels in picture are 27" with 1" tyres.

Serial No:

Size:
Top Tube C-to-C: 22 inch / 56cm
Seat Tube C-to-C: 22inch / 56cm
Wheelsize: 27” Wheels – Photos show 27" wheels 27” x 1” tyres. (Deep drop centrepulls such as MAFACs would probably let you use 700c if you really want to).
Seatpost: 26.4mm
Rear Spacing: Curently spacing measures about 124mm, was previously used with a very early Regina Gran Sport 6 Speed block.

Frame Material:
According to 1952 Catalogue, either Reynolds 531 or Accles and Pollock.

http://www.nkilgariff.com/CBcats/Cat_52/NewAllrounder52.jpg

Description:
  • New Allrounder model uses the same lugs as the early version of the Avant Coureur. And is beautifully built using Bilaminate / Fillet brazed construction.
  • The frame is in excellent condition. No dents or dings.
  • I think it has been refinished at some point prior to my ownership.
  • The black enamel paint is excellent, but there are a few small chips. Main ones are on inside of rear chainstays. Nothing overly detracting. And easily touched up being black!
  • Main thing frame would benefit from is having its lugs re-lined in gold as the lovely bilaminate work is not really shown off at the moment. If you have a steady hand, pretty easy to do yourself. I’d recommend Sign-writers paint such as 1Shot. Its consistency, coupled with a drying time longer than your typical model enamel helps vastly.
  • Braze-ons for D/T shifters, pump, rear brake cable. Some people have said gear and brake braze-ons may be a later additions, but I've seen others for sale with similar, so can not be sure.
  • Comes complete with headbadge and also the all-important, original and correct seatclamp. These are particularly hard to find, and can be expensive if you do! I had to find one for another CB frame and it took an age.

Price:
A beautiful frame and very sad to see this go without building it up period correct.
£240 (+postage assuming this will be around £15 for a decent insured service)

LOTS OF LARGE PHOTOS BELOW.
DON'T HESITATE TO ASK FOR MORE DETAILS OR FURTHER IMAGES.

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eyionBug1rnt2cxo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5eymuFFl91rnt2cxo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n59fuwpeXX1rnt2cxo1_1280.jpg

Re:

That is lovely, look at those axe-head bilaminates! Sadly I am running too many rebuilds at the moment but there's a beautiful project there for somebody; I'm envious!

Yep. It really is beautiful. Even more lovely in the flesh, the paint is much better than it appears, it's looking a little dusty in those photos! Just needs a couple spots touched up with enamel. It really is ready to just be built up and ridden.

Latest posts

Back