18" mountain bike with at least front suspension

Hand_Lion

Retro Newbie
Looking to get my OH a cheap(ish) mountain bike as her current Saracen is too small and too rigid

Ideally looking for full bike but have some spares I could use if needed.

Thinking something like a GT I drive/ Specialized FSR but open to any thing else available.

Based around Cambridge but would travel for something suitable.

Re: Re:

ishaw":1v9oixr9 said:
I have this lovely frame for sale. Could pull together nearly a full bike depending on what kind of spec you want.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=424377

Annoyingly, that would be perfect but I imagine full build would be more than she'd like to spend.

Will let you know if we don't find anything suitable within budget or I convince her to spend more.

Re:

OK, let me know. Budget wise, I'm trying to clear out a lot of stuff so depending on what you need/want, I'm sure I could help and keep the price low.

If you have any ideas on the type of kit you want, I'll see what I hsve. Gearing and finishing kit i should have various options. Forks,wheels and brakes are more limiting as the stuff I have spare are things like hope and pace, revelations, sids etc. I might have some magura disc brakes too (mt series).

ishaw":xm9hm0lg said:
OK, let me know. Budget wise, I'm trying to clear out a lot of stuff so depending on what you need/want, I'm sure I could help and keep the price low.

If you have any ideas on the type of kit you want, I'll see what I hsve. Gearing and finishing kit i should have various options. Forks,wheels and brakes are more limiting as the stuff I have spare are things like hope and pace, revelations, sids etc. I might have some magura disc brakes too (mt series).

It looks as though I'm not allowed to send PMs yet.

I'm going to have a dig in my spares and see what I have that I could fit to bring costs down slightly - I think I would need cranks and drive train components, possibly forks.

Re:

I can do cranks and drive train. Forks might be more of a challenge price wise. I have a set of revelations that need a service as they have an air leak in the u-turn assembly. I have a new assembly to fit, just not had the time. I could get around the the service at the weekend (probably). They would be in fine working condition afterwards. They have a few scuffs and scrapes on the lowers, and some minor marks on the uppers, nothing that affects the function. Can't remember if they are bolt through or qr lowers though.

ishaw":3hx7wgzn said:
I can do cranks and drive train. Forks might be more of a challenge price wise. I have a set of revelations that need a service as they have an air leak in the u-turn assembly. I have a new assembly to fit, just not had the time. I could get around the the service at the weekend (probably). They would be in fine working condition afterwards. They have a few scuffs and scrapes on the lowers, and some minor marks on the uppers, nothing that affects the function. Can't remember if they are bolt through or qr lowers though.

I've not got enough spares to keep this in budget, which was around 300 or so. Thank you for the offer though,it's a lovely frame.

Back