I have a bart brentjens gold sworks rare??

The S-Works gold metallic was available as a frameset in 1998; is that the one to which you refer? At least that's what it looks like in your pic. I had one of those, and I don't believe it was limited to 100 in production. Not sure if it was available in that color, in other years, in addition to 98. I believe there was a special edition, as well.

Just shooting off the top of my head, so please wait for further confirmation. Maybe someone has a magazine article with his race built version, if you are looking to duplicate it. Otherwise, I'd imagine XTR m950, along with some Specialized in-house parts, would be the spec.

I have one too, I am thinking slightly earlier than 1998, maybe only by a year (or two).

Mine came as a frame, fork and stem set if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC02476.JPG
    DSC02476.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,922
  • DSC02477.JPG
    DSC02477.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,923
Pretty sure 1997 as I had an AMP B3 1997, purchased new in the Spring, I only owned it for about 2 months as I didn't get on with it, loved the way it looked though but the rear shock was useless :( , with hindsight I wish I had upgraded the shock and kept it....anyway Evans Cycles of Croydon took the frame and forks back and ordered up the S-works frame/fork/stem set.

I think I have a pic. of Bart riding a golden S-Works at the Cactus Cup, somewhere in one of my magazines. Can dig it out for you and check also what year it was (guess it could be 1997 or 199:cool: In 1996 Bart was riding for American Eagle when he became Olympic champion. Afterwards he rode for Specialized, so could be possible that Spesh marketing wanted to benefit from Barts Olympic victory.

We once had one in the shop - had to send it to APi resprays to get it redone in proper red as nobody wanted the gold frame (that and the fact that Bart wasn't exactly the coolest rider in the world and so hardly sparked a load of hero worship that the likes of Tomac, Tinker or Overend did).

My scanner isn't very good I'm afraid, but this ad was in a magazine dated May 98, so I assume the picture was taken the previous season. I think the fork is a 97.

Attachments

• 1997 Specialized S-Works ad.jpg
    1997 Specialized S-Works ad.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 1,739

Latest posts

Back