Got my very first Rocky! :D

Thias

Klein Fan
What a nice weekend I have! First my wife told me, she would take the kids and go for a visit to her mom for a few days. And as soon as they left, the guy I had emailed with for weeks finally agreed to meet and sell his trusty old Rocky to me :D
The poor thing is quite used, the clear coat had gone brown with branching cracks everywhere. The fork is hideous and the grip shifters were that ugly I even threw them away before taking a first picture...

Thats of course a 1992 RM Cirrus.

The parts are quite nice. Syncros stem, handlebar and seatpost. Mavic 231 Ceramic rims, the race lines. XT drivetrain with some newer parts (rear hub is XT Parallax and the rd-737).

The first thing I did was to mount some nice thumbies and new grips. Then off for a quick spin to the supermarket. I needed some Chips and bratwurst to throw on the grill :D

Back at home, I had to mow the lawn of course. It might start raining today: :roll:

:mrgreen:

Not sure, what I'm going to do with that bike. I really like the frame. But it might be a bit too small for me. As usual :roll:
I'd really like to mount a mag21, but I don't have a fitting crown with a threaded 1 1/8" steering tube.

That's a great start for your future Rocky hoard :)

The frame is intended for a suspension fork, but not such a long one. A Mag21 should look a lot better on it. I know the issue with the clearcoat that has turned yellow. You could opt for removing the clear coat and use it with the bare aluminium. The frame certainly looks great that way.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

No, no, those are my reinforced hard toed safety boots especially for lawn mowing. My mountainbike spd slippers are red and you may see them laying behind the wooden chair. :LOL:

Did a little tour today.

While driving, I was trying to decide, whether I should keep the frame or not. Because I really like the looks. And its quite uncommon. But I am more the rider than the collector type of guy. And I have 8 bikes already (not counting the frames.) And that Cirrus is too small. Nothing I can do about that I guess... :facepalm:

welcome to the RM club, shame you're finding the frame too small for you. the colour that the clearcoat has changed to is quite unique, and doesn't look too bad for the frame. :LOL:

Back