New Old Stock 1989 Panasonic PICS Team Custom

zeringer

Dirt Disciple
In March or April of last year I was fortune enough to acquire this rare new old stock '89 PICS Team Custom frame and fork. It had been found in a storage barn in German Valley, IL and had belonged to the owner of Naperville Cyclery in Naperville, IL before the shop went out of business in the early nineties. When the shop closed, the owner had apparently stashed some of his remaining inventory in storage where it sat until the spring of 2012.

Since I didn't have any Sante equipped bikes in my permanent collection I decided that a new old stock Sante build would be just right for this unique old frame and fork. It took a great deal of hunting to assemble the parts with 98% of them being new old stock. (The rims, brake calipers and down tube shifters were the only lightly used parts.) Melvin will likely see one part of the bike that came to me from the Netherlands as well.

*The shifters aren't yet hooked up since I need to get some cable liners to protect the bottom bracket shell first. The cables in the photos are decoys. :LOL:

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_13.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_15.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_16.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_23.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_14.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_21.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_24.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_25.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_17.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_18.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_20.jpg

1989-panasonic-pics-team-custom-5641_22.jpg

well another stunning Panasonic after Zeringer 1991 PR600 :shock:
confess the gruppo with its white coating is not to me the most elegant one even if rare but it suits the frame and stem well .
distract a bit the attention from the frame :LOL:
lacks a bit of silvery parts to my best liking but I admire the effort ;)

I actually wonder why the shimano marketing guys dubbed this group "santé" as it means health in french but is also a "drinks" expression , like prosit, skol etc ... in other languages :?:

Another beautifull Panasonic one off from you. A colourfull composition that shows a lot dedication to detail :)

Btw what is the part you got through me?

Elev12k":25uvc4up said:
Another beautifull Panasonic one off from you. A colourfull composition that shows a lot dedication to detail :)

Btw what is the part you got through me?

I'm surprised you don't remember those tires. I think you may have even had some like it on your PR-6000? :D

Back