Ladies and gentleman, 2011 promises to be an amazing year for Retrobike riding. Not only are your regional area groups in great shape with rides regularly being organised, but we’ve also put together a cracking National Series to entice you.
The National Series is the cream of the Retrobike rides squeezed into a seven round series. We’ve done our very best to spread them around the United Kingdom, offer some of the very best trails and also make the series completely free to enter. So get your new diaries out, here is the Retrobike National Event Series with support from BikeFood Calendar for 2010/11:
• Rd 1 – Cannock Turkey Twizzler – Dec 27th (BH Monday)
• Rd 2 – Thetford – Jan 23rd (Sunday)
• Rd 3 – Forest of Dean – 14th May (Saturday)
• Rd 4 – BDW – July 22-24 (Weekend, main ride Saturday)
• Rd 5 – Drumlanrig – August 14th (Sunday)
• Rd 6 – Mr. K’s Day in the Peaks – Sept 10th (Saturday)
• Rd 7 – Final Round (TBC) – Oct/Nov*
With special events at:
• The Hell of North Cotswolds (Sunday April 10th 2011)
• Mountain Mayhem (Weekend of June 17th-19th 2011)
With Retrobike rides proving ever more popular we are delighted to announce that bikefood have decided to support our series, they will be supplying us with complimentary drink supplements, water bottles and energy bars at all our national events.
Click for more details
The series is non-competitive in terms of riding, but to add to the interest we are putting together a National League Table with big points awarded for:-
• Riding Retro
• Wearing Retro (RB kit inclusive)
• Bike of The Ride
• Skinwall Tyres
• Sense of Humour
• Regional Bonus for distance travelled
• Bodging skills
But what we give with one hand we’ll take with another and deduct points for:-
• Pikeing (a technical term for not turning up when you said you would)
• Riding a Modern Bike
• Not wearing a helmet
The league table will be updated and posted up as part of our monthly newsletter. Once you’ve attended a ride you automatically get entered into the league. At the end of the series the points winner will be awarded a special prize, there will be other spot prizes too. You’ll also receive a unique event sticker at each ride, can anyone collect all 7?
Please keep checking our calendar and monthly newsletter for details.
Round 1 of The Retrobike National Event Series with support from Bikefood is at Cannock Chase on Bank Holiday Monday December 27th, full details can be found by clicking HERE!