A few people have asked "what's it all about?" and for those who haven't heard (pay attention at the back
) read on.
From September 3rd to September 5th 2010
the second Old World Mountain Bike Championships (OWMTBC for short) is coming to North Wales, Betwys-y-Coed
to be precise.
Sponsored by Retrobike and Howies, it's a weekend of old bike related activities in the company of like minded people (with lashings of beer on the side).
Here's the Aftermath thread from last year to give you a flavour of the 2009 event http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=owmtbc
. This year's format will be based on the Dutch experience and, although it could be subject to change, might look something like:
- event registration followed by a social ride
- BBQ, Mark Sinnett's Alpinestars show including special guest, themed Pub Quiz
- registration open again
Saturday late morning
- paired trials challenge (first counting event for the World Championships)
- XC challenge
- prize giving, crowning of the 2010 World Champ and post event party (mine's a pint of foaming, nut brown ale)
- voluntary social rides which could include a visit to Penmacnho
It might be sometime before it hits these shores again, so best get 'in' while you can. Entries are available at http://www.owmtbc.org/
but it's filling up.....