Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
following on from here...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

i have now collected the old girl. first impressions, filthy but complete and from what i can see, original.

i'm being dragged off to the pub now so i'll leave you with a few "before" snaps. sorry for the low quality

dbs6pz.jpg

3506tqq.jpg

wv2zoy.jpg

Looks lovely Lewis, bet you can't wait to get that cleaned up, although it doesn't look too bad from the pictures. Will be following this with interest :cool:

Looks great. I really want to get hold of a set of those segmented Saracen forks.
Should clean up a treat. Welcome to the Saracen owners club. ;)

That looks even better than I expected Dave cant wait to see it cleaned up, everything looks original. Have you had a spin on it?

cheers chaps. not had a spin yet - there's a huge amount of play in the rear hub.

had a closer look round it. left hand crank is wobbly but tapers good so hopefully just needs a clean and reinstalling. aforemention play in rear hub. seatpost moves freely and rear mech is indexed to perfection! all cables are greased.

other than clean all i need to do is sort rear hub and adjust front mech.

should be fully rigid for the first time in 15 years very soon!

lewis1641":2o6ehdpr said:
should be fully rigid for the first time in 15 years very soon!
:LOL: someone just had to quote ^ that ^ ;)

Bike looks cool, bet it'll come up a treat with some good ol' elbow grease.

otherself":1jcw9wye said:
18" £36.00!!!! you bustard.

Oh no! I thought it was 34- i gave him 35 and told him to keep the change! I'd better contact him. D'oh!

And andy, thanks for that!

Back