Pesenti Fly

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
EDIT: Photobucket have fucked up this and many other threads on here! Here are 2 pics that I've rescued, my bike and another frame (since sold to Germany) there is another Pesenti Fly on pg 4!

SFDORGC.jpg

3dkYSBo.jpg

Man, she is a beaut!
I bet you haven't stopped smiling since it arrived :)

Please keep updating on the build. For some strange reason I have been interested in this one since you first mentioned it.

Good luck
Wired99

I've got a yellow ITM inch ahead stem in a sensible length that would match/clash quite nicely with the frame - get in touch if it would be of use.

Pesenti Fly Update

Well just about finished- Its got a full Chorus groupset circa 2004, Ambrosio hubs on Open Pros and the rest you can probably see for yourselves.

IMG_0773.jpg

I've not ridden it far- 30 mins today and thats it, 1st impressions are very good, very very good!

I'm off tomorrow but I doubt that i'll get chance to ride it- However I've got 3 days off next week to divide between this & my Harry Quinn that I've just finished refurbing. Can't wait!

Nice bike CTK. Cool "pistachio" colour and smooth welds, and the group looks timeless (slim crank lines etc). Did you build those Ambrosio Zenith hubs on Open Pro's yourself?

otherself:4ow868wn said:
Nice bike CTK. Cool "pistachio" colour and smooth welds, and the group looks timeless (slim crank lines etc). Did you build those Ambrosio Zenith hubs on Open Pro's yourself?

I wish I had the ability to build a set of wheels! However, I actually got these from ebay for quite a bit cheaper than I could source the parts individually.

I really like the colour too. I was aiming for a timeless look I suppose- deliberately avoiding carbon components and going for a classic looking wheels. The paint & finish is fantastic, it has that glow that Kleins have!

Last edited:
Nice, I'm a sucker for lugless road frames, very clean.

What sort of build date is it?

Sorry Ned missed your question. Frame is 99ish and the groupset is '04.

I'm gonna swap the Fizik saddle out for a Regal Girardi I have and chop the steerer when I get chance :oops:

I've just found out that Pesenti made Pantani's bike when he ripped up the Alpe d'Huez :cool: (Here is a link and the quote is from pg3))

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4936

"Mr. Pesenti was the head designer for Cinelli for 25 years. In that time he build frames for many different riders - none of which was labelled under his own name. His most famous piece of work was the Cinelli Laser...

...Anyway after leaving Cinelli Pesenti had his own shop for some years where he build the Pesenti Fly. It was made out of aluminium-beryllium tubes. I have one similar to the one Pantani used at L'Alpe d' Huez. Mine is 55cm x 55cm and the weight is 1080g. I would imagine that Pantanis was below 1000g given the fact that I am much heavier than he was and the frame was build with different diameter tubes according to rider weights. At that time that was really light. Now Mr Pesenti works as head designer for Mizuno."

Back