Merlin E-Stay with Carsten's pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he just does´t have digital camera... :roll:
If not true, he has done one of the best text´s anyway.

I´m not interested if I really need to change battery for computer :LOL:

Confirmed that he doesn't have a camera, he's updating the add to say that the pics are not of the actual bike.

Unfortunately no pics combined with no Paypal makes for a difficult sale unless there's a local buyer.

the seller has been trying to sell for quite some time too. listing the actual parts rather than just titanium would also help..

PICS OF TI-TRICKED LIMITED EDITION MERLIN E-STAY

VICE'S TI-TRICKED LIMITED EDITION MERLIN E-STAY ("ELEVATOR") TITANIUM MOUNTAIN BIKE
(FOR SERIOUS MERLIN ENTHUSIASTS AND COLLECTORS ONLY)

USD: $3,000
Phone: 602-954-2188 (Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
Email: best.tonto.goldstein@gmail.com
See also: http://members.cox.net/phxpearl/VICE_TI ... N_BIKE.htm

Why settle for fatigue-prone aluminum, fatigue-prone metal matrices, or cheap imitations when you can own perhaps the sweetest mountain bike in the world--a beautiful, superbly welded, ready to ride, Merlin Titanium (extremely rare Limited Edition E-Stay Frame--size Medium), outfitted with 24-Speed, Shimano XTR, with just the right amount of flexibility built into the frame and suspension, and ZERO chainsuck due to the e-stay design.

Also includes many titanium parts and other desirabilia:

1. Titanium Handlebar/Stem (one-piece set from Titus Titanium);
2. Titanium Handlebar Extensions;
3. Titanium Seat Post;
4. Titanium Crank Spindle;
5. Titanium Axles;
6. Titanium Peddle Spindles in Shimano SPDs;
7. Titanium-railed Flite Saddle;
8. Titanium Nut and Bolk Kit (Installed);
9. Stronglight Headset;
10. Manitou Front Suspension; and
11. Lightweight Speedometer/Odometer.

· ALL TITANIUM PARTS ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION; REMAINDER IN GOOD-TO-EXCELLENT CONDITION. BATTERY FOR SPEEDOMETER/ODOMETER NEEDS REPLACEMENT.

· SHIPPING WITH PROFESSIONAL PACKING ARRANGEABLE AT YOUR EXPENSE.

INSPECTION AND PURCHASE PROCEDURE:

I have the original March 1992 receipts showing I am the original owner, the frame’s serial number, and an initial build cost approaching $5,000.00 before later upgrades. Nevertheless, you should inspect the Merlin and exchange consideration in person if you live in or near the Greater Phoenix Metropolitan Area. Otherwise, the purchase procedure will be as follows: (1) you designate someone in Phoenix, Arizona, USA (preferably a bike shop) to do the inspection for you and to handle your cash payment (or US Postal Money Order); (2) if you and your inspector are satisfied, the Merlin will be exchanged with him (or her) for your cash payment (or US Postal Money Order). If you provide a US Postal Money Order, the Merlin will be released to your inspector, provided, however, that it not be shipped until the US Postal Money Order is confirmed as valid and negotiable. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are an out-of-towner, it is advisable to designate a bike shop that will professionally pack the Merlin for shipping purposes. After all, this is a very rare, collector's-quality, Limited Edition Merlin E-Stay (a/k/a "Merlin Elevator").

CAUTION:

Be very cautious with Craigslist and various "fire sale" posts/listings. They recently contained phony ads at lower prices purporting to sell my Merlin E-Stay. A couple of wise guys then began asking me why mine was not equally inexpensive. Bear in mind there were relatively few Merlin E-Stays built. Owners generally are reasonably affluent aficionados or collectors who do not often part with them. Of course, anything can and occasionally does occur, but I would not hold my breath waiting for something less expensive of equal quality and collectability. Prices for these frames are rising, not falling.

THESE PICS WERE TAKEN ON SEPTEMBER 3, 2009:

ViceMerlinE-StayTitaniumMountainBike2web.jpg

ViceMerlinE-StayTitaniumMountainBike3web.jpg

ViceMerlinE-StayTitaniumMountainBike6web.jpg

ViceMerlinE-StayTitaniumMountainBike4web.jpg

ViceMerlinE-StayTitaniumMountainBike5web.jpg

ViceMerlinE-StayTitaniumMountainBike1web.jpg

Re: The parts are listed.

Tonto Goldstein":kvydk2kt said:
I'm not sure how you drew your conclusion of no parts listed. The posts/reposts, and the fake Portland post, always had the parts listed.

they always read something along the lines of:
titanium stem
titanium seatpost
etc, etc.

check your PMs anyway :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back