199? Mongoose Amplifier

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
So I've finally picked up an AMP based frame which I've been wanting to for some time now. I've always had an eye for them since BITD when I only have seen pictures/reviews and ads in MBA.

Not sure of the year. But the serial number is 03718 if anyone can help identify. It came with a threaded AMP fork serial CM1848.

Updated 2012. Now with black CT seatpost, Flite GelFlow saddle, CT canti brakes, and Avid Ultimate canti levers… more pics at the end of the thread :cool:

Updated 2016. Black Mythos XC K, black Avid Ultimate SD levers, and black kevlar tipped flite saddle.

Attachments

• IMG_2702.JPG
    IMG_2702.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 8,201
  • IMG_2692.JPG
    IMG_2692.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 8,200
  • IMG_2685.JPG
    IMG_2685.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 8,202
  • DSC03600.jpg
    DSC03600.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 860
Not sure of the year. But the serial number is 03718 if anyone can help identify

Yours looks newer than mine.

Mine is C867......yours appears to have the newer Horst Link pivots and is there a red outline to your graphics?

looks good though, should make a nice project.......good luck finding the ControlTech stuff!

yep, there's a red outline to the white decals, although there's a lot of tatter to them. :( i'm considering peeling them off, touch up the paint scuffs here and there, polish it a bit, and try to get replica vinyl decals made.

:LOL: i think i have enough Canadian content on my ETSX, and also some on my Cirrus. but i'll see what I can come up with on this one! ;)

so in a week this is what i've got sorted...

XT M738 front mech, an Answer Hyperlite bar in black, and for Canadian content, a silver Race Face "real seal" headset to go threadless.

for shifting and brakes, i have a set of m900 shifter/brake levers that i can move over from another bike, and a set of m737 cantis. but i'd prefer v-brakes. however i don't have a set of v levers/brakes. :( if i go that route, i do have a few x-rays shifters i've collected i can use.

decisions, decisions...

stumped with finding out there isn't enough clearance to install the RF HS, since it's non tapered and is almost a whopping 2" in diameter. Measured some other headsets and they range around 1-5/8" to about 1-3/4".

now the question is do i continue looking for another appropriate threadless headset for the build, or keep as is and find a quill stem.

yet more decisions...

That's essentially an Amp B2 with an F1 fork built for mongoose by Horst Leitner. In 1995 mongoose went with an amp b3 calling it the amplifier2. So you bike is earlier than 95. I had a 1993 with a serial number of C3160:

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

great looking bike; good luck with the build :)

isn't the fork i have an F2? the one on your bike is an F1 with one piece legs and the one i have isn't.

parts update. got a nice red control tech stem and black answer hyperlite bar. originally was after a black stem, but this snapped this one up to see if would work with my build.

what nice retro/vintage threadless HS should i go with that i can easily find that won't break the bank? :p

i'm tempted to just leave teh threaded HS and amp fork i already have on there and look for a nice quill stem. but i haven't decided what to do...

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 8,908
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 8,908
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 8,908
RockiMtn":1nz3lvuu said:
isn't the fork i have an F2? the one on your bike is an F1 with one piece legs and the one i have isn't.

parts update. got a nice red control tech stem and black answer hyperlite bar. originally was after a black stem, but this snapped this one up to see if would work with my build.

what nice retro/vintage threadless HS should i go with that i can easily find that won't break the bank? :p

i'm tempted to just leave teh threaded HS and amp fork i already have on there and look for a nice quill stem. but i haven't decided what to do...

Yes, you are right, mine is an F1 as opposed to your F2.

I had a diacomp Aheadset on the amp as seen in the pics, but one would be hard pressed to find one now. Perhaps a Ritchey Logic would be low profile enough. Too bad about the race face. I'll take a look though my bin to see if I see something that can help.

You might have an easier time finding a quill stem.

Back