cove 'tightee'

kanerdog1x1

Senior Retro Guru
thought id post some pics of my '01 cove stiffee, well 'tightee' as its a single speed version of the frame. had her from new for like 7 odd years now, been on many ride, and covered MANY miles, raced a few times at 24 hour events, and alot of good memories.

in bits at the mo as i noticed the cranks had cracks in them, so a total strip down was in order to check everything.

clicky to make biggy.

Never even seen one of these before. :cool:

Amazing how this vintage from just 8 years or so looks retro already with the era spec gussets and fat tubing! :)

Hmm, image shack no longer workee.

My Curtis has got me thinking about my Cove. I dug this old thread out and have added the link to my sig. I still have it, in the loft, I never got around to rebuilding it after finding the crank arms were fubar. Here are some of the pics I have.

I love this bike. I will never sell it, tho part of me knows I will probably never rebuild it as it may knock the mental image I have of it, perfection. I know the fork technology of the time was noodly compared to what we have now, and the vee brakes were adequate in the dry, but lethal in the wet. This is what I want to remember, the good times.

Looking at the date stamps of the images, they were all taken in April '07. I can't believe it's so long ago.....

:)

Get it built up. If you don't want to go singlespeed again, those frames work really well with a geared rear hub - a Rohloff or a Shimano Nexus.

Just found another pic on the computer.

And funnily enough, the rear wheel in the inbred is the wheel that now lives in the Curtis.
:)

Re:

I have just found this old photograph, it was a very early iteration.

G6Rob57l.jpg

It must be spring/summer, so 2003 i'd guess, as you'd not get on the grass in the darker months for a photo. A few things to note, the turbines are the later type, these were replaced with the slightly nicer shaped earlier LPs a couple of years later. Also, the Syncros stem now resides on my Merlin. The P2s were super cheap at the bike show, like ~£10 at a time when they were just giving them away it seemed. They ended up being repainted and fitted to the A'ha.

Latest posts

Back